Some things we need
- Folding or mini cribs
- Diapers, size NB, 1, 3
- New duffel bags
We Always Need
- New socks
- New underwear, all sizes
- New shoes (in-season)
We Also Accept
- Diaper bags
- New duffel bags
- Crib sheets
- Twin sheet sets
- Pack ’n Plays
- Toddler Beds
- Books & games
- Booster seats
- Stationary walkers
- Child safety gates
- Infant bathtubs
- Baby swings
- Baby carriers
- School supplies
- Bibs and burp cloths
- Play mats
- Toiletries (must be new & unopened)
- New bottles and sippy cups
- New underwear and socks
- Baby formula/food – new/unopened
We gave this care package to a 5-year-old girl. We included a suitcase, backpack, quilt, sneakers, books, toys, clothing, and toiletries. Imagine how happy she was to receive this gift! Thank you to all our supporters for making this possible!
Do you accept monetary donations?
Yes. Checks can be mailed to Nurturing Foster Families, Inc., 5 Teal Way, Eastham MA 02642. Nurturing Foster Families, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) organization.
Can I volunteer my time?
Yes! We would love your help with sorting and organizing the donations. We also need people who are willing to drive to drop off or pick up items occasionally. Please fill out the volunteer form and we will be in contact.
My child is a student who needs community service hours. Can he volunteer?
Yes. Fill out the volunteer form and make sure your student brings the school form when he or she comes in to volunteer.
I’d like to host an event with you – how can we do that?
Please call us to discuss the details. It is so important for foster families to have the chance to get together to allow the kids as well as the parents to socialize. Fostering can be very isolating and we would love to find ways to bring families together for a couple of hours!
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes. Cape Cod Foster Closet is a program of Nurturing Foster Families, a registered 501(c)(3) organization.
I want to donate items to the closet, but I don’t live on the Cape. How can I get them to you?
The easiest way to donate would be to visit our Amazon wishlist.
The Amazon page has specific items that can be ordered and they will be delivered directly to our address.
Otherwise, you can mail items to 5 Teal Way, Eastham MA 02642
Where can I drop off donations?
The ONLY times we accept donations at the Foster Closet are on Tuesdays from 9 to 11 and Wednesdays from 2 to 4, or by appointment.
I own a small business locally – what can I do to help?
Here are some possibilities:
- Offer a discount to foster families – 15% off meals for example, or 10% off services such as photography, massage, haircuts, etc. Foster families would be given a card that would be presented in order to receive a discount
- Host an event for families – bowling, mini golf, painting
- Donate goods – clothing, shoes, school supplies, backpacks, baby items, formula, diapers, etc.
- Host a drive – place a collection bin at your place of business and collect a certain type of donation from customers for a month (we would provide signage for the bin and help you advertise if you’d like)
Do you accept car seats?
Yes, as long as they are clean, have not expired, and have not been in an accident. We will have a form for you to complete when you bring the car seat in.
Do you take infant formula?
Yes, as long as it has not expired and has not been opened.
What types of items do you NOT accept?
We do not accept:
- Clothing or shoes that are stained or torn
- Toys or games that are broken or have missing pieces
- Opened packages of baby bottle nipples or pacifiers
- Large stuffed animals. Small stuffed animals are okay as long as they do not smell musty or smoky.
- Adult or junior sized clothing – we accept a limited amount of basic adult clothing – shorts, sweatpants or leggings, t-shirts, etc. Please call first before donating these item.
Occasionally we may have to put a hold on accepting certain items due to space limitations. Check here on the website or on our Facebook page for those announcements.